Alan

Alan Maretsky alanmaretsky@verizon.net
4/5/13
to me
Hello Gary.

I came across your web site through the article about Dr. Bernard Finch in this month's Los Angeles Magazine.
How wonderful to have a site devoted to the San Gabriel Valley.  I grew up in Monterey Park and Montebello.

However, the reason I am writing is that my dad had a hamburger stand in El Monte called "The Pit" at the corner
of Garvey and Santa Anita (formerly Hoyt).  This unique opened windowed restaurant was open from 1952 to early
1986.  It closed because the land owners decided a strip mall would better serve the public than the restaurant and
nearby trailer lot (Easy Ed's).  I have a couple of photographs that I could pass on for inclusion in your
site if you like.

Please let me know.


Thanks,

Alan Maretsky