From Chuck Whalen

Charles <motorhomers@yahoo.com>


I want to thank you for all the work you put into your website. I just came across it and I'm glad I did. I grew up one block away from La Puente Park, went to St. Joseph's School (altar boy, of course), and graduated from LPHS, class of '69. I have ridden my bike all over that city, downtown, P Hill, etc. My wife, whom I met at LPHS, grew up a few blocks from the Food Giant at Amar and Willow.
The West Covina Plaza was where I got my Levi's and T-shirts (Greene's and Penney's). It was the place to go shopping at Christmas time.
Crawford's at Five Points was a treat for us on occasions, too. The Tastee Freeze on Glendora where tacos were 5 for 99 cents was a regular hangout. And the Ivan's Pizza behind it is where I bought my first beer after turning 21. Heck, I can hardly find a photo that I don't recognize.
I even recognize some of the faces on the '64 La Puente Little League team, but I can't remember the names.
I'll let you go, but I want to thank you again. A great trip down memory lane.

Chuck Whalen