Jeff

Jeff Prescott jeffdprescott@aol.com
12/6/12
to me
Hey Gary,

Awesome what you've done with VWC blog!  Stumbled upon it this morning.  My grandparents came out to CA from MI in the late 40's and started Covina Pottery and my parents followed.  I was born at the West Covina Hospital in 1959 and lived in Hacienda Heights where my parents bought a model home in 1958.   Surrounded by orange groves.  Carted to Catholic school in Baldwin Park.  I have some history with just about all the location photos.  My parents divorced in 1966 and we moved to Covina where I attended elementary school on Barranca.  Paperboy at the Daily Breeze.  First real job was at Eastland Shopping Center - C.H. Baker.  Left West Covina for the beach cities after graduating at South Hills High in the mid 70's.  Wow, a total flood of history seeing all these photos.  I was eating a pizza the other day at Chi Chi's in Valencia and I told the people I was with that I still judge every pizza place against Pompeii.  It was a Friday night ritual when I was little.   My mom is 82 and she is going to flip when I email her your link.

Thanks for the great compilation of photos, history, and your time!

Best,

Jeff